Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Taking a pounding

Went out to do a quick 14km down hill run before picking the kids up at School. My support crew (Jodie) dropped me off at Stummers Creek in Coolum and I was heading to Sunshine Beach.

What normally should take just on an hour took me 1hr 30 min. It took me 15 mins to get out off Stummers - I was getting a pounding.

I got stuck on a little sand bank and was just getting worked. Had a 20 sec hold down after getting worked on one of the bigger sets. I got dragged back towards the shore and by the time I get myself sorted again the next set came through. I waited this time and when the break came I PADDLED HARD. I just made it over a 4 wave set to make it out the back and on my way down to up to Sunshine.

I got a bomb coming into Sunshine to have the kids & the local life guard (Chicken) there waiting on the beach. Jodie was too slow to get a couple of shots of the bomb but got the inside line.


I got grilled that afternoon for forgetting to contact Jonesy and a few other Downwind enthusiasts maybe next time.

Enjoy the Ride

Ma te wa

Woogie




No comments:

Post a Comment